Sephora has just announced the future launch of a mini, and we mean mini, nail polish collection. The unique part about these particular polishes is that they’re travel size and meant for one time use. The collection includes 24 shades, chosen from the Sephora Formula X nail polish range, and will be sold as a a set for $39 as of May.
The little pods work like this: you snap off the top to reveal a mini brush, squeeze the tiny bottle and use the pod like a paint pen to glam up your nails. This collection is being used as a temporary trial, as explained by Kristin Walcott, the VP and general manager for Formula X. She explains in an interview, ”We know our guests love to experiment with new nail shades, and this allows them to preview our 24 bestselling Formula X shades before committing to a full-sized bottle.”
Travel size nail polishes on the go for a quick fix? Sounds like a fool proof idea to us.
images via fashionista.com
Once upon a time, stylists tried to make models just look “pretty,” but, nowadays, the edgier the model the better! We saw some great examples of this at 2014 NYFW, where designers were opting for some seriously stand-out hairstyles on their models! Here, we have just 6 examples of some of the eye-catching hair we saw that week:
1. You can always expect the unexpected when it comes to Betsey Johnson, who chose to send models down her runway this year with half-shaved heads!
2. Another label who famously marches to the beat of their own drum is Disigual. Check out the wild curls sported by their models.
3. Nicholas K sent all his models down the runway in this same odd wig. Bizarre.
4. Each model at the Carmen Marc Valvo show wore their hair in this funny fohawk. Certainly was an unexpected choice.
5. In the futuristic Cute Circuit show, all the models wore this same blond wig with heavy bangs. They didn’t even try to make it look natural. We were just waiting for one to fall off.
6. Angel Sanchez didn’t want any of the models’ hair to distract from his line, so he opted for no hair instead! (Models who weren’t completely buzzed wore their hair totally slicked back.) Pretty crazy stuff…
Rihanna on the cover of Vogue = Perfection. The edgy, gorgeous singer was interviewed for the March issue, along with a photo shoot that will make your jaw drop. Rihanna talked makeup and wardrobe, explaining one of her unique fashion rules she lives by: ”If I’m wearing a top, I don’t wear a bra. If I’m wearing a bra, I just wear a bra.” This is evident in the issues cover and even more evident than that is how much she rocks the look.
In addition RiRi discusses her love for menswear and why the juxtaposition of a woman wearing mens clothing is so incredibly sexy. She talks about her childhood explaining, “When I was thirteen or fourteen, I didn’t want to wear what my mom wanted me to wear. I was very much a boy in my style, my demeanor. All my friends were guys. I loved things that boys did. I loved being easy with my clothes. I loved wearing hats and scarves and snapbacks on my head. It was my way of rebelling. I wanted to dress like my brother. After a while, it was just easier for Mom to dress us both the same. We wore the same jeans, the same T-shirts.”
A girl who prefers mens clothes and is even sexier in them than in feminine clothing?
Due to a desire to stand out, designers sometimes send some pretty out-there, avant garde looks down the runway. But this year’s New York Fashion Week has yielded some pleasantly practical beauty trends, and we couldn’t be more excited about incorporating them into our own looks this season. Here are 8 NYFW beauty trends you can totally pull of yourself:
1. Orange Lipstick – This one has already been a favorite sported by celebs during the awards season. We love it, and apparently so does Donna Karan.
2. Blue Eyeliner – Yes, it’s back again! Or so says Marc Jacobs, at least…And when it comes to trends, we’ll take his word for it.
3. Gold Eyeshadow – This one is definitely our favorite on the list. Gold shadow is everything! Thank you, Jason Wu, for backing us up on this.
4. Colored Streaks – Call us juvenile, but what’s more fun than colored streaks in your hair? Peter Som is definitely repping his hometown of San Francisco (where anything goes) with this look, but you can definitely pull off the clip-in version for a wild night out!
5. Intricate Braids – This style is not just for bridal boards on Pinterest–you can work fancy braids into your everyday look too. Marchesa‘s models worked this criss-cross design, but we dare you to put your own spin (or twist…) on it!
6. Two-Toned Manicure – Finally, nail art that you can actually do yourself! Philip Lim sent these nails down the runway at his NYFW show, and we’re obsessing.
7. Sleek Middle Part – This trend was featured on multiple runways (this one was Ralph Lauren), and we can see why. It’s sophisticated, timeless, and kick-ass. In short, it needs to be in your own repertoire.
8. French Braid – Last, but not least, the ever-present French braid. This look never gets old! Rachel Zoe styled her models with a tussled version, and it couldn’t look more chic.
Winter is here and we finally get to bring out our (California-ized) winter wardrobe. But what makes me excited is to pair these stylish outfits with equally stunning winter-style make up. This season we are seeing a lot of dark colors, deep reds, dark purples, and our personal favorite: black. Be daring this winter!
Images via: temptalia.com, style.com, instyle.com, realstylenetwork.com
Every female celebrity has her claim to fame in one way or another, but the ones that stand out the most are definitely those who dress well. Here are a few ladies worth keeping an eye on because their red carpet fashion is red hot!
Images via eonline.com
Jennifer Lawrence, America’s most recent sweetheart, had all eyes on her on the red carpet Monday afternoon at the Los Angeles premiere of Catching Fire in a Dior Haute Couture ensemble. The slimming bodysuit, complete with sweetheart neckline and sheer dress to layer was completed with a simple, yet perfectly paired black belt and clutch to match. Stunning is a severe understatement and her chic new pixie cut heightened the edginess of the overall look. Two thumbs up to the Hunger Games hottie on an outstanding outfit.
Image via style.mtv.com
Here’s a look at the other stars in attendance…
Image via gossipcenter.com
2012′s CFDA-winning designers Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen each take their own cover with the December issue of Allure! The Row designers get twin sided covers, one wearing white and the other wearing black. With fresh faces and black cashmere sweaters, they discuss their new fragrance line, their design empire, and why they put acting on hold.
Check out some behind-the-scenes photos on Allure!
“Mirror, mirror, on the wall… Who´s the most handsome of them all?” That´s right. Whoever said that women were the only allowed to use beauty products was totally wrong. The I´m-a-macho-and-I-don´t-care-how-I-look days are over and we coulnd´t be any happier about that. And what´s the reason of this happiness? The new skin-care line that CHANEL created for both men and women.
Three must-haves that no man wants to miss.
Guys, say Goodbye! to the days where no girls looked at you on the street and get ready to be the new hottie of the block!
First, comes “Le Jour,” specially created to be used in the morning, right after taking a shower. Made from many different natural elements, Le Jour helps to keep the skin well hydrated.
Then we have “La Nuit,” which must be applied every night before sleeping. La Nuit cleans the skin pores in a very deep but gentle way.
And finally, “Le Weekend” arrives. It enhances skin renewal by deeply exfoliating and boosts luminosity by hydrating for the week ahead.
LA based nail artist Stephanie Stone is obliterating the mani scene! From celebs clients like Miley Cyrus, Kylie Jenner, Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande, and so much more to editorials and covers for the likes of Bazaar and Elle magazine. The young nail artist is making moves rep’d by Nailing Hollywood Management Inc.
Nailing Hollywood Management Inc. is the first and only artist agency to exclusively represent the industry’s most prominent fashion and celebrity nail experts specializing in celebrity, on-set, red carpet, trend forecasting and product development.
In between her impressive portfolio and star studded appt book Stephanie updates a fan base of 107k followers on instagram! Keep up with her @StephStoneNails