Creativity and uniqueness were two key elements that came into play for designer bags this year at Fashion Week. From Fendi to Chanel, we saw take out boxes, shopping baskets, and even a mini Karl Lagerfeld. These accessories added a bold twist to the designer’s collections and was like nothing we’ve seen before.
A huge trend that kicked off in 2014 was women suited up in stylish designer suits and looking fabulous. The simplistic look brought style and grace to the runway. Celebrities like Ellen DeGeneres, Madonna, and Kourtney Kardashian also took in this trend and did it well wearing Saint Laurent. A feminine tuxedo with an oversized tie, or a feminine tuxedo with no under shirt, seemed to be the look most designers went for at the 2014 fashion shows.
(Ellen DeGeneres, Madonna, Kourtney Kardashian)- Saint Laurent
The elaborate and detailed set designs for fashion week 2014 played a huge role in the overall success of the show. The set designs brought the clothes to life and made a name for themselves as well. They were creative, bold, and mind blowing. They created interest and gave the audience something to obsess over. From grocery stores to a floating sky, the set designs were ultimately amazing. It’s what we like to see being brought to a runway and it gives fashion a whole other name.
Another exciting thing that happened after the Chanel supermarket set show, was the audience got to take home pieces from the set. People were obsessing and climbing over one another to get their Chanel doormats and Chanel brooms.
Street style at Milan Fashion Week had everyone turning heads. Despite the unpredictable rainy weather changes, the style was unbelievable hot. The street style represented a more soft romantic theme that consisted of a lot of reds, pinks, and soft colors. Behind these simplistic designs, were street style fashionistas who brought character and attitude.
How could we not point out the stunning Anna Dello Russo dressed from head to toe in straight-off-the-runway Moschino. The prints and patterns presented street style at its finest outside of Milan Fashion Week.
Sarah Nicole Rosetto
Anna Dello Russo
A huge trend we saw hit the runways was an expression of wearing your art on your sleeve. This spring is all about masterpieces coming to life and pop art prints. The trend brings art school pieces straight from the paper into your closet. From Prada to Chanel, we saw choppy vibrance combined with bold colors. This trend is really all about self-expression and the beauty of art. It’s about becoming inspired by paintings and other forms of art, and letting your clothing do the talking.
Dolce and Gabbana
It’s no doubt that fur was one of the hottest trends that graced the runway for Fall/Winter 2014 Fashion Week. From Tom Ford to Fendi, each designer brought distinct designs and colorful assets. We’re loving this bold and vibrant trend we can look forward to seeing for fall. After all, fur is the perfect piece to stay warm and look très chic on your way to your favorite show!
Chado Ralph Rucci
Are you surprised that Fall 2014 is the season for endless coat trends? This season at London Fashion Week, plenty of designers are favoring big orange and blue coats. They are all the rage as the latest trend.
The sneaker trend was completely dominating the runway at New York Fashion Week 2014. From Marc Jacobs to Chanel, we covered some of the hottest sneakers to look forward to for Fall 2014. A huge inspiration for this trend comes from the designers’ obsession with street wear, and the ability to mix street style with haute couture. From sneaker wedges, to flatform sneakers, to even the classic hiking boot, it’s show time and were obsessed with what to expect for the fall.
Marc by Marc Jacobs
Picture via glamour
Due to a desire to stand out, designers sometimes send some pretty out-there, avant garde looks down the runway. But this year’s New York Fashion Week has yielded some pleasantly practical beauty trends, and we couldn’t be more excited about incorporating them into our own looks this season. Here are 8 NYFW beauty trends you can totally pull of yourself:
1. Orange Lipstick – This one has already been a favorite sported by celebs during the awards season. We love it, and apparently so does Donna Karan.
2. Blue Eyeliner – Yes, it’s back again! Or so says Marc Jacobs, at least…And when it comes to trends, we’ll take his word for it.
3. Gold Eyeshadow – This one is definitely our favorite on the list. Gold shadow is everything! Thank you, Jason Wu, for backing us up on this.
4. Colored Streaks – Call us juvenile, but what’s more fun than colored streaks in your hair? Peter Som is definitely repping his hometown of San Francisco (where anything goes) with this look, but you can definitely pull off the clip-in version for a wild night out!
5. Intricate Braids – This style is not just for bridal boards on Pinterest–you can work fancy braids into your everyday look too. Marchesa‘s models worked this criss-cross design, but we dare you to put your own spin (or twist…) on it!
6. Two-Toned Manicure – Finally, nail art that you can actually do yourself! Philip Lim sent these nails down the runway at his NYFW show, and we’re obsessing.
7. Sleek Middle Part – This trend was featured on multiple runways (this one was Ralph Lauren), and we can see why. It’s sophisticated, timeless, and kick-ass. In short, it needs to be in your own repertoire.
8. French Braid – Last, but not least, the ever-present French braid. This look never gets old! Rachel Zoe styled her models with a tussled version, and it couldn’t look more chic.
Covering the hottest handbags that hit the runway at New York Fashion Week 2o14! It was about distinct detail and colorful attributes that set each designer apart from one another. From Phillip Lim to Alexander Wang, the runway was packed with talented designers who brought the best of the best to the table. Were obsessing over some serious baggage this year.
3.1 Phillip Lim