Winter is here and we finally get to bring out our (California-ized) winter wardrobe. But what makes me excited is to pair these stylish outfits with equally stunning winter-style make up. This season we are seeing a lot of dark colors, deep reds, dark purples, and our personal favorite: black. Be daring this winter!
Images via: temptalia.com, style.com, instyle.com, realstylenetwork.com
Image via eonline.com
The iconic pink outfit worn by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis still remains one of the most well known outfits that helped pave the way for classic fashion trends. Yesterday marked the 50-year anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy, in which Jackie sported the infamous pink ensemble. That historic outfit now sits in the National Archives and rumor has it the late Mrs. Kennedy herself requested it not be shown for another hundred years in order for the dress to not become a spectacle. Though we’ll never get to see the dress that has so shaken the fashion industry, pictures will have to do.
Images via huffingtonpost.com
Never has a hairstyle been so misunderstood and generated so many rumors. These matte locks are gracing Chanel runways, Annex editorials, and fashionista enthusiasts alike. We’re #Obsessed
While people often trace this style back to the Rastafarian movement rejecting conventional western beauty standards, but dreads are in fact nearly as old as humanity dating back to the 17th century!
And for the record dreadlocks must indeed be washed
The blonde bomb shell that is Iggy Azalea is obliterating it on the press scene this Fall. Covering Paper Mag and Complex Mag just to name a few–
The Australian fox brings more to the table then what meets the eye, she’s quite the intellectual indulding in reads like The Origins of Political Order [by Francis Fukuyama] that’s informed her on how she looks at the music industry.
Azalea’s studio album, The New Classic, is dropping this month right in line with her opening act slot. The slot is for no one other than the Queen B. during the ‘Mrs. Carter Show’ tour in Australia and New Zealand!
photos via Paper Mag
photos via Complex Mag
- Prep hair with CATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray and flat iron to ensure a smooth, sleek finish
- Tightly pull hair into a ponytail at the crown, securing with an elastic while setting with CATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray for a lacquered shine and CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Finishing Spray for hold
- Next, style the ponytail three-plait braid and tightly twist into a bun, securing with pins
- Then, carefully place the head piece over the bun and secure with pins, setting the final look with additional CATWALK® by TIGI®Session Series Finishing Spray
- Lastly, spray the sides of the head with CATWALK® by TIGI® Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray so the sides of the head have the same hi-shine finish as the head piece
- CATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray
- CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Finishing Spray
- CATWALK® by TIGI® Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray
Mara Hoffman Spring/Summer 2014
‘There’s a rainbow warrior moment happening here’ shares the designer right before the Technicolor tribal hippie chic on acid runway show.
- Prep hair with ample CATWALK® by TIGI® Curlesque Strong Mousse, working it from roots to ends and brushing through with a paddle brush while creating a defined center part from hairline to nape
- Starting with the left side of the head, gather hair and begin french braiding directly behind the ear, securing the end with a small elastic. Repeat on the right side. TIP: Use a bit of CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series True Wax on tips of fingers to keep bits from escaping the braid
- Next, using pre-braided wefts of hair, attach to each braid using elastic string – making sure to secure tightly. Set braids withCATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Look Lock Hairspray
- Using a colorful woven belt, bind the two braids together in a small section at the nape of the neck and pin in place, tucking away the ends
- Spray the crown and hairline with CATWALK® by TIGI® Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray for added shine
- CATWALK® by TIGI® Curlesque Strong Mousse
- CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series True Wax
- CATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Look Lock Hairspray
- CATWALK® by TIGI® Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray
I always look forward to the weather that comes along with summertime. I love fashion, and I start to get antsy to wear summer clothes. My skin almost gets itchy, wanting to be less covered. I can’t wait to pull out my shorts and crop tops, and lighter fabrics, and generally show more skin. I feel more free when there’s less fabric binding me. And I love the feeling that everyone seems to have in the summertime – of being a little more carefree. And I love, love, love warm summer nights. I look forward to them year round.
I may be the odd one out, but my perfect summer wouldn’t consist of all play, no work. I love my work. It brings me some of the greatest happiness in my life. My perfect summer would include working on a project that I’m really excited about, and it would also include lots of travel (I want to go to Europe again!), and lots of time spent with the people I love the most.’
xoxo Erin Sanders
Sarah Hyland, the 22 year old actress who is best known for her role as Haley Dunphy in Modern Family is quickly becoming a fashion icon. Not only is she a great actress, but she has great style to go along with it. Stated in a recent interview with Vogue, she has always loved fashion. She lived in New York when se was younger, and since her name is Sarah, she always wanted to be Sarah Jessica Parker. She would go to school in high heels, despite what the other kids thought, and despite the fact that she had multiple stairs to climb up and down between classes. Sarah even co-designed the dress she wore for the Emmy’s this year.
With all that she has going for her, she has not let the her fame get in the way of who she is. When people come up to her and ask if she’s “the girl from Modern Family,” she’ll pretend she is someone else, and end the conversation with “but thank you so much, I’m flattered.” I mean, I don’t know about you, but that just makes me love her even more! We may even be seeing a fashion line of hers in the future, but shhh…
“Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances. ” -Maya Angelou
Home grown on oldies but goodies, some of her favorite artists are: The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Simon and Garfunkel, The Zombies, and Jethro Tull. Erin Sanders may vibe with a slow rhythm, function to a mellow rock, or crave a strong beat, but when she feels a strong beat the rhythm vibrates through her bones, and she has to get up and dance!
**Check out her latest instagram video to see what we’re talking about! @erinzaraiah
‘Music is something that makes me feel. Music washes me over with emotion – sometimes compassion, sometimes overwhelming heartache, and sometimes joy so great that I can’t help but dance. Sometimes, music makes me feel so driven and determined that I feel like I can conquer anything.
My parents raised me listening to oldies, and they’re my preference to this day. My mom is the most amazing singer – and not just in the way that every girl thinks her mom has a beautiful voice. My mom is so insanely talented, with such a powerful, clear voice. I grew up learning songs from hearing her singing them. Both of my parents play guitar, and I grew up listening to them. And I remember all of the cassette tapes we’d listen to in the car, from Sam Cooke, to Herman’s Hermits, to The Monkees… I loved it.’ -Erin Sanders